The Guinness World Data 2024 version has been launched and incorporates a whole of two,638 mind-blowing achievements from world wide.
Now in its 68th 12 months of publication, the Guinness World Data has documented the world’s most extraordinary achievements, from the quirky and peculiar to astonishing feats that amaze, delight and encourage.
For this 12 months’s theme, the Guinness World Data takes us underneath the ocean and throughout the deep, blue ocean, with an emphasis on the pure world, in addition to the newest and most astounding successes in music, TV, and sports activities.
Craig Glenday, Editor-in-Chief, mentioned, “We’ve been impressed by our Blue Planet to rejoice numerous underwater data – together with these set by essentially the most spectacular marine creatures, essentially the most adventurous sailors, and even essentially the most acrobatic mermaids!“
“However, as ever, we’ve lined the widest potential spectrum of record-breaking, from the hairiest people to essentially the most gifted guinea pigs, to the quickest curler coasters, and the best-selling manga to essentially the most celebrated athletes,” he continued.
However not solely that! The 2024 version additionally options some record-breaking milestones from ‘Man’s Finest Good friend’.
Whether or not or not it’s a show-stopping talent or a novel attribute, canine, no matter form, dimension, and breed, have been featured within the Guinness World Data.
This 12 months, the next canine have made their hoomans proud and have earned a spot within the 2024 version of the Guinness World Data:
- Quickest 10m on a scooter by a canine and cat (Bengal cat Sashimi and Boston Terrier Lollipop)
- Most basketball slam dunks by a canine in a single minute (Border Collie Leonard Lee & his coach Teresa Hanula)
- Longest eyelashes on a canine (17.8cm/7in belong to Newfypoo named Coco)
- Most consecutive medical samples recognized by canine (a bunch of 5 Labradors and retrievers from Charity Medical Detection Canine within the UK appropriately sniffed 24 samples together with COVID, Parkinson’s, and prostate most cancers)
- Longest time aloft for a flying disc caught by a canine (Davy the Whippet, thrown by Rob McLeod. Rob and Davy already held the longest distance file)
- Most canine in a conga line (Wolfgang Lauenburger led a column of 14 uprights wunder-hunds Emma, Filou, Fin, Simon, Susy, Maya, Ulf, Speck, Bibi, Katie, Jennifer, Elvis, Charly and Cathy)
- Maya additionally set the file for most rollovers in a single minute and most spins in 30 seconds
- Shortest canine (Pearl a 2-year-old Chihuahua, 9.14cm/3.59in tall from paw to shoulder; relative of Milly who beforehand held the file)
- Farthest bounce by a canine (Sounders a 7-year-old whippet leapt 36 ft 6 inches right into a dock diving pool)
Moreover, a couple of different pooches we beforehand featured on Dogington Put up rightfully earned their spots on The Guinness World Data 2024 as nicely.
Zoey, the previous file holder for the “Longest tongue on a canine“, who has a licker measuring 12.7cm or 5 inches lengthy, made it to the 2024 version. The pocket-sized Pearl, aka the “World’s shortest canine“, which measures 9.14 cm or 3.59 inches in top additionally earned a spot within the ebook.
Glenday calls the 2024 version “the perfect version but” and mentioned, “The GWR2024 version is the product of a 12 months by which practically 30,000 purposes had been reviewed by our data managers. Solely a small proportion of claims have made it via the choice course of, so the two,638 data featured within the ebook actually are the cream of this 12 months’s crop.
The Guinness World Data 2024 is offered for buy in shops and on-line. You’ll be able to simply purchase it on Amazon right here: