- Lucy and I’ve rapidly gotten adjusted to life with out Fred. I miss him tons, but it surely helps immensely that I’ve gotten common updates. Fred is prospering and that’s what makes all of it value it.
- It seems like I can’t be working – not to mention racing – the Broad Avenue Run in 2 ½ weeks. I’ve had some aching across the spot through which I had a fairly extreme stress fracture seven years in the past. It’s doubtless a stress response – a precursor to a full-on stress fracture. Whereas I would be capable to run the race as a result of it’s largely an ache and never sharp ache, 10 miles of pounding just isn’t a wise concept – that’s how I wound up with a stress fracture all these years in the past within the first place. I’m bummed as a result of the race is a historic one in which you’ll just about solely achieve entry by way of the lottery (professionals and fundraisers are the exceptions, I feel); the chances had been slim to be picked and but I used to be and now I can’t run it.
- My purpose is to be wholesome to run a Winery run in mid-Could; I ran it final 12 months and whereas I’d prefer to be sooner this 12 months, that’s clearly not going to occur with any severe coaching on maintain. So, the power to run 4, pain-free miles shall be my purpose.
- I signed up for a companion CrossFit competitors in New Jersey in early June; a good friend and I are partnering up for a Barbells for Bullies competitors. The group primarily helps pit bulls but additionally fundraises for all bullie breeds, so clearly it was a private trigger for me. I may care much less how I do. I’m in it for enjoyable. Really.
- No actual trip this summer time; making an attempt onerous to economize to purchase a condominium/home by November of 2019. I had hoped to purchase this November (my residence lease is up every December), however I feel one other 18 months to economize is the smarter transfer, particularly contemplating I’ll want a brand new (used) automotive within the not-so-distant future and I’d prefer to pay money for it.
- Talking of saving cash, I began a brand new, part-time job this previous Friday. I’m working (very) part-time at a native vineyard storefront. It’s only a few hours a month – perhaps as soon as per week, max. Clearly, I’m not in it solely for the cash, but it surely doesn’t damage, that’s for positive. I really like wine and mixed with the truth that it’s minimal hours, it’s a excellent match. I simply have to verify I don’t purchase extra wine than the cash I’m making from the job.
- Lucy has her annual bodily subsequent month; we’ve got a variety of work to do in 4 weeks to get her weight down…
And that’s current life in a nutshell.